Learn More + x
Wells Advisory is a specialist, higher education, management consultancy. Established in 2015, we work closely with a diverse range of public and private higher education institutions, advising on governance and management, change programs, educational start-ups and growth plans and strategies in higher education. Education is now Australia’s third-largest export sector and the country’s leading service export sector overall contributing $32.2 billion to the economy in 2017. Our clients are leading universities and private higher education providers in Australia.
The Wells Advisory team has worked in universities, TEQSA, government and private enterprise which provides multi-dimensional and experiential perspectives that underpin the practical and feasible solutions we develop with clients.
Our practice spans four primary service areas: Higher Education Regulation and Governance, Strategic Planning, Business Performance and Organisational Reform. More details about our team and services can be found at www.wellsadvisory.com.au
We are seeking to expand our core team of six with a Graduate Associate, Higher Education. The candidate will be interested in higher education, nationally and internationally, with a view to gaining experience as a specialist, higher education management consultant. This unique opportunity would suit recent graduates in social sciences, humanities or education looking to become a consultant. Successful applicants will need to have demonstrated qualitative and quantitative competencies and outstanding written and spoken skills.
The Graduate Associate would become an employee of Wells Advisory with benefits and opportunities including:
- Professional development opportunities such as training and attendance/presentations at conferences;
- Exposure to a broad range of private providers and public universities and their networks;
- Working with a collaborative and dynamic team;
- Mentoring from senior staff; and
- Driving improved outcomes for clients.
The Graduate Associate is a full-time position and reports to the Principal, Wells Advisory. The successful candidate will be trained by the Senior Analyst to equip the Graduate Associate with the core skills needed to succeed in the role.
- Contribute to written reports and presentations for clients;
- Synthesize and analyse qualitative and quantitative data for projects;
- Provide insights and solutions to projects, from time to time, presenting these findings to clients;
- Develop project schedules and Gannt charts;
- Enable and promote a culture of evidence-based enquiry using business intelligence;
- Work effectively in a team and respond effectively to feedback about your work;
- Support the execution of our social media strategy.
Selection Criteria – Essential
Please provide a covering letter, CV and response to each of the selection criteria below.
- Bachelor graduate in social sciences, humanities, education, or related discipline;
- Interested in strengthening knowledge about the higher education sector;
- Qualitative and/or quantitative research and analytical skills that can be translated into written reports to explain the business impact;
- Ability to work as a professional in a team environment;
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills; (please attach an example of a written report- no more than 5 pages)
Selection Criteria – Desirable
- Honours, masters or doctoral studies in related disciplines
- An understanding of higher education policy nationally and internationally.
- A demonstrated competency in data analysis and business intelligence tools, including sophisticated Excel, PowerPoint and ThinkCell user;
- Relevant work experience gained during study years or more recently – note – does not require post-graduation work experience
Reporting line: This role reports to the Principal.
No. of direct reports: 0
Remuneration: $60,000 per annum including superannuation
Probationary period: 3 months. Following successful achievement of agreed KPIs, the candidate will be confirmed in the role for a three-year, fixed term basis.
Balance work and life
We understand and have created a flexible and family-friendly working environment to help with that balance. We give you the trust and freedom to choose how, when and where you work. We empower and give you the tools to work smarter, in a way that suits your lifestyle. Our staff have access to a range of Leave arrangements and there’s flexibility to work from home to care for sick children or take care of other family responsibilities.
“It is a flexible work place and we are all able to take opportunities to try and balance work and life.”
“The flexibility of working at home, the opportunity to improve the work/life balance, and not having to commute 5 days a week was very appealing.”
Be part of the team solving problems and defining a new approach
Our workplace is a collaborative environment where you will have the opportunity to work alongside talented, diverse and forward-thinking people.
We’re big picture thinkers working at a detailed level. Learning is constant and growth is a given. The pace is fast and dynamic and you will be challenged and supported in equal measure. You will also be aided with formal and informal coaching, mentoring and teaching.
“The team is relatively small so there are ample opportunities for collaboration across large and small projects. Ideas can be surfaced and developed much faster than in a large organisation and I find that really attractive.”
“We’re often juggling multiple projects at any given time. It can be challenging to work at a detailed level whilst also keeping track of the bigger picture.”
We encourage you to keep learning
We’re specialists in higher education and we know how important it is. Hone your expertise, conduct some research for a publication or attend a networking event, we’re behind you. You will be fully supported and provided with a budget to undertake professional development activities.
“The projects are varied and challenging as we work with both universities and private providers. It’s great to be able to be involved in a range of different projects that extend beyond my normal scope of work. It keeps things interesting for sure!”
“What appealed to me about Wells Advisory was that I could gain specialist skills in the higher education sector, further develop my skills and knowledge, and work collaboratively in a small team.”